Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Oakdale finishes in the Top 12 at State

 Oakdale finishes in the Top 12 at State
Oakdale Tennis sent 11 players to the Allstate Sugar Bowl/LHSAA State Tennis Tournament held April 24 - 28, 2017, at UL-Monroe, Monroe, La. While there the Warriors came out in the Top 12. 
“Another successful season in the books,” said head coach Zealon Solomon. “Didn't end as we wanted, but finishing in the Top 12 is quite the accomplishment itself. Proud of all of my kids, their hard work and their dedication.” 
Solomon congratulated Camryn Bullock on making the Boys Singles Round of 16. He defeated Jarrett Berthelot of Oak Grove 2-1 in the first round but fell in the next round 2-0 to Ascension Christian’s Bryce Walker. Walker went on to lose in the quarterfinals to the eventual semi-finalist Arteen Reza from Newman, Isidore. 
In Boys’ Doubles Andrew Sao and Tyler Tichy lost out in the opening match to the duo from Dunham 2-0. Travian Dailey and Dawson Noblitt also lost out in the opening match to Dunham 2-0. The Kris Pelt, Daniel Rodriguez ticket suffered the same fate losing 2-0 in the opening round to Calvary Baptist.
On the girls’ side, Cheyenne Bertrand and Taylor Willis lost their opening match to St. Frederick 2-0. The ticket of Anna Gill and Madeline Jarnagin similarly went down 2-0 in the opening match to Ascension Episcopal.
“To my seniors, Travian Dailey and Tyler Tichy, thank you for buying in to the program we started building three years ago and going above and beyond to lead by example every match- win or loss,” Solomon said.
“I enjoyed every second of my high school tennis career, said Dailey. “I remember I was just a freshmen who didn't have a care in the world. Then going into my sophomore year, I wanted to be the best. That same drive brought me to state two times in a row. I wouldn't be anywhere without my coach Zealon Solomon. He came and changed the whole program around! Bringing winning records and believed in us as players. My years as an OHS tennis Warrior brought many feelings in play.” 
“Thanks to everyone for the prayers, support, and appreciation for what we strive for each and every match,” concluded Solomon.

No comments:

Post a Comment